New Enclave Republic
New Enclave Republic
New Enclave Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Enclave Republic

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Schwarz

Schwarz

First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff) Empty
PostSubject: First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)   First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff) EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:00 pm

This is concerning the guild's goal to do dungeons.

We need a starting point for everything, and while we can intermittently discuss this as people go on- and offline, the forums provide a place where we can keep a constant record. I'd like to go ahead and confirm what it is we already have, and still need.

If you would, please reply with what your primary and secondary roles are for dungeons, so we could get our group going, for example:

Schwarz - DPS/Tank

Tanks
*Schwarz
*Varfist

DPS
*Ghidra
Schwarz

Healers

* marks primary role (You are more adequately geared/spec'd for this role, or you would simply prefer it over your other.)

Last edited by Schwarz on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Schwarz

Schwarz

PostSubject: Re: First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)   First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff) EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:07 pm

In the future, as the guild (hopefully) grows, we can have a formal establishment of teams with their own names, requirements, etc. Most dungeon/raiding guilds do this. For now, let's get our first 5-man regular geared up and then worry about expanding once we've proven that we can commit to this sort of thing for the guild.
Back to top Go down
Natlee Katherine Liresse
Admin
Natlee Katherine Liresse

PostSubject: Re: First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)   First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff) EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:17 pm

You mean... like an arena team? Except dungeons. Although an arena team would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Schwarz

Schwarz

PostSubject: Re: First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)   First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff) EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:22 pm

We could do arena teams, but I'd like to keep our guild's focus on the dungeons first.

In the past, it was very difficult for a guild to have multiple raiding teams because it was difficult enough to get 40 people online of the right classes. Now with 5, 10, 15, 25-man dungeons, most dungeon/raiding guilds can set up multiple "teams" of people who, basically, just stick together. How formal or informal the relationship between teams are is a dynamic unique to each guild.

But for now, we need at least one team for 5-man Regulars as soon as we can get it, and do Blackrock Caverns (considered the easiest of the Cata dungeons.)
Back to top Go down
Schwarz

Schwarz

PostSubject: Re: First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)   First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff) EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:11 pm

I'd also want to throw in: I would like to become a main tank for the guild, but I need the gear first. Some of my stuff is greens, and I believe my chest piece would drop in BRC, which was planned to be our first dungeon. (I did get my epic boots from Firelands, though. Those are fucking sweet tanking boots.)

I've listed my primary role as DPS because I have the full pvp gear to go with it.
Back to top Go down
Ghidra
Admin
Ghidra

PostSubject: Re: First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)   First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 12:59 am

Ghidra-DPS so that's one dps signed up along with you Schwarz(But you said you wanted to be main tank so I will refer your roll as tank) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Schwarz

Schwarz

PostSubject: Re: First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)   First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 4:58 am

Ghidra wrote:
Ghidra-DPS so that's one dps signed up along with you Schwarz(But you said you wanted to be main tank so I will refer your roll as tank) Very Happy

That would definitely be a personal goal, and also makes me an investment into the guild (it would be kinda off for a higher ranking guild member to not have any stake in that guild.) As I mentioned, I'll need the gear, and our first dungeon has a tanking chestplate.
Back to top Go down
Ghidra
Admin
Ghidra

PostSubject: Re: First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)   First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 5:27 am

Schwarz wrote:
Ghidra wrote:

That would definitely be a personal goal, and also makes me an investment into the guild (it would be kinda off for a higher ranking guild member to not have any stake in that guild.) As I mentioned, I'll need the gear, and our first dungeon has a tanking chestplate.

Ah, good. We need a healer now correct? Because I am most likely sure averyone else is DPS/Tank spec, and we also need the other 85's (Varfist and varien in particular) to sign up.
Back to top Go down
Schwarz

Schwarz

PostSubject: Re: First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)   First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff) EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:33 am

Added Varfist to the tank list.
Back to top Go down
Aelgar

Aelgar

PostSubject: Re: First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)   First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:09 pm

May wanna remove Var from tanking list, he spec'd holy, which means we have a healer. Plus I can go as dps, just saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)   First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff) Empty

Back to top Go down

First 5 Man Team (Plus some other stuff)
Page 1 of 1